Morel Mushroom Hunting

 


Morel Mushrooms

(Click 👆to Learn More)

Are you looking for something to do this weekend?

May is morel month in Michigan, but the actual fruiting period is from late April until mid-June, depending on the location and species. 



When I was a kid, my dad and I always went Morel Mushroom Hunting.
I loved walking through the woods looking for Morel mushrooms with my dad.
We would always stop and have a campfire lunch. In the evening, when we returned home, we would cook the mushrooms to have with dinner.

They are delicious mushrooms.

Have you ever gone mushroom hunting?
Have you ever tried Morels?

Each year 6-10 Morel Mushrooms always grow in my backyard!
 I smile and think of my dad.

Morels can grow in a lot of places, and where they grow from year to year can be very unpredictable.

An experienced Michigan morel mushroom hunter will tell you that one of the best things you can do when you’re looking for morels is to walk slowly.


Happy Hunting! 
Let me know if you find any!




Popular posts from this blog

Check Out the Latest Editions of Connecting the Links and Count Day Information

Art Club-Tie Dye T-shirts!